A photograph by moi of The Princess, one which I intend to paint shortly. Inquires may come directly to me.
The Evolution of Inspiration
This is the path I've followed:
1. Paint what I love. Madly, obsessively, with a focus purely on subject matter.
2. Embrace a particular process, everything about it, until the approach is wrung dry.
3. Fall in love with an element, like line, and relentlessly think about nothing else.
4. Dissolve myself in the process of creating, running others' content through my own filter.
5. Actively seek out new experiences and media, bringing freshness into my routine.
6. Look inwards and to my own life for sublime moments, and linger in those via my process.
It's this last stage where I'm standing now, with great intent. And this weekend I will be deeply immersed there, in the backstage happenings at a dance convention, channeling all of the above.
1. My daughter's passion for dance and movement.
2. Studying light and limbs until my own muscles ache.
3. Absorbing the costumes, music and choreography (how many different variations of Titanium do you think I'll hear?)
4. Point my camera and make endless mental notes.
5. Spend quiet time with my ipad, creating digital sketches from both the stage and memory.
6. Delight in the fact that The Princess and I can share, albeit in different ways, out own passions, and make memories together.
What's been your Path of Inspiration?
Thanks, as always, for following along with my artwork!